How do I contact San Pedro Meals on Wheels?
- The San Pedro Meals on Wheels office hours are 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Monday-Friday with the exception of major holidays. You can call (310) 832-7335. An office assistant is available to answer calls. For more contact options & information, you can also click here.
Is Meals on Wheels available for a trial period to see if I like the service... and food?
- We encourage a two week service trial, which is payable in advance.
Is lunch and dinner delivered every day to my home?
- Our service consists of two (2) meals-a-day, Monday-Friday. One meal is hot, and one is a sandwich with fruit or salad. To see a sample of menu items offered click here.
What time will my lunch and dinner be delivered?
- Both meals are delivered to your home at approximately 11:00 AM.
How much does it cost?
- The cost is $7 per day, which will cover the cost of lunch & dinner.
Will I receive a bill so I remember to pay?
- You will be billed every two (2) weeks. Statements can be delivered with your meal, or can be mailed to you.
It takes me a very long time to get from my bed/chair to answer the door; any suggestions?
- Food will be delivered to your door. With a signed authorization our volunteer may enter and leave the food in your home. If you prefer, your food may be left in an approved container outside your home.
What if my Meal is delivered while I'm Not at Home?
- Food can be left in an approved container outside your home, or you can choose to cancel your meal(s) for the day. Please call to cancel delivery no later than 9:30 AM on the day of anticipated delivery.
What should I do if I go on Vacation or another trip, and don’t need delivery?
- Scheduled deliveries may be stopped and can begin again upon your return. Please call us to schedule, (310) 832-7335.
What if I have special dietary needs?
- We are unable to provide specific food(s) catered to individual dietary needs. We can, however, take note of significant food allergies (i.e. egg, peanut butter, etc) and will make every effort to avoid delivering food(s), which include these items.
Can I make special food requests?